I like to make soup on Sundays and then store it in the freezer and bring it to work for an easy lunch during the week. Tonight I made a delicious broccoli soup, which is dairy, sugar and gluten free. It has a surprisingly creamy consistency, considering that there's no milk, cream or butter involved.
This is a perfect soup for me because I don't usually go for raw broccoli, and the lemon gives it a nice little kick. Plus, I love that it has so few ingredients and is super quick to make.
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, sliced
1 onion, diced
2 heads of broccoli, chopped
5 cups water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 big handful of kale
1. Heat the olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion and saute for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add the broccoli florets and 2 minutes later add the water, salt and pepper. Bring to a boi, then reduce the heat and cover.
4. Cook for about 6 minutes, add the big handful of kale, then cook for another 2 minutes. Test that the broccoli is tender.
5. Squeeze the lemon over the soup. Add to the blender in small batches (be careful with hot stuff in the blender!). Blend until creamy and enjoy!